Furnace Solutions 8, hosted by the Society of Glass Technology, will take place 6 June, and will discuss practical glassmaking subjects, as well as provide an introduction into the properties and performance of critical materials such as refractories.
The annual Furnace Solutions conferences have gained an international reputation for dealing entirely with ‘practical’ glassmaking subjects and attract speakers and delegates from glassmakers, furnace equipment and specialist materials suppliers from around the world.
This years topics include:
- Design and glass quality issues in float furnaces
- Experiences and developments in the design and operation of container melters
- Energy efficiency and melting cost reduction
- Developments in furnace refractories and repair techniques
The Refractories Training Day is a new venture:
- The objective is to provide an introduction into the properties and performance of these critical materials, which are so central to the glassmaking process
- The speakers are international experts in glassmaking refractories - representing several of the world's leading manufacturers
- Topics will include: silica, fusion-cast, basic and aluminosilicates - plus the testing and assessment of refractories for furnace usage
Further details on the conference website: www.furnacesolutions.co.uk.